Below is a listing of the CONCERTS,WORKSHOPS,
RESIDENCIES and KEYNOTES that Rachel has to offer. She is on
the Tennessee Arts Commission's Artist Roster which offers matching
grants and ticket subsidy programs. She is also on the Raleigh United
Arts Council and Durham Arts Council Rosters in North Carolina.
"Rachel Sumner is a one woman fireworks
display. . . . She is extremely gifted at conquering the short attention
span of children (and some adults) by placing a lot of emphasis on
audience participation. . . . Rachel has mastered the art of bringing
out the innocence and exuberance from every member of her audience and
she proves that childhood does not always have to be reserved only for
the children." Sharon Satterfield, Westview, Nashville, TN Read letters of
1. Ive Got Imagination Prek-4 A show all about using your creativity
2. All Around The World K-6 Study guide provided. A participatory
multi-lingual concert designed to excite students about languages and
other cultures. Learn songs in Spanish, Kurdish, Chinese and more
including many songs in sign language.
3. Name That Instrument Family Prek-6 Study guide provided. A concert with
an emphasis on learning about the three instrument families.
4. Rachels Fun Time Prek-4 Act like monsters, dance, giggle, and
have more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
Summer Reading Concert Video (2:24)
(Click on the title below if you have trouble viewing the video.)
6. Animals Galore Prek-4 Songs & stories about creatures
that share our planet. (Can be coordinated with a naturalists
7. Self-esteem Machine Prek-4 Rachel inspires children to take pride
in who they are and the special qualities that made them unique.
8. Spring Holiday Concert Prek-4 Songs all about the Easter bunny, ducks
9. Halloween Concert Prek-4 A mix of Rachels usual silliness
and a couple of slightly scary but mainly fun stories.
10. December Holiday Concert Prek-4 Sing and jingle along with some of your
favorite seasonal songs.
"I came away humming. . . . I can't
stop singing that song ‘Friends’. . . . I taught it to my
students first thing back at work. Thank you!" Ingrid Noyes,
Educator in Tomales, CA
RESIDENCIES Length: 45 minutes
(Maximum: 30 students) / WORKSHOPS
Length: one-three hours. Prices for residencies and workshops vary
according number of visits, time and travel involved. Call for a
1. Ive Got Imagination For Educators
Prek-4 Songs and activities to
enhance learning and encourage the creative spirit.
2. Sign Language and Foreign Language Through
Music For Educators and/or Students Prek-6 Participants will learn a West
African chant, songs in Spanish, French, Chinese, Kurdish and sign.
3. Homemade Instruments / Science of Sound
for all ages Three instrument
families: straw panpipe, drums, shakers, washtub bass, tin can guitars
or learn to play a turkey baster.
Homemade Instruments and the Science of Sound (Click on the title below if you have trouble viewing the video.)